The Regional Council made the decision to start collecting its own rates in 2020. Since the start of 2022 we have been letting ratepayers know of this change through a number of ways.
Our most direct method of letting people know about the change was an information sheet that was sent with the final rates invoice for the 2021/22 rating year by your city/district councils.
Since then, our communications have included:
- Facebook and Instagram posts
- Billboard advertising
- Information in our newspaper feature called Around our Rohe
- Other newspaper advertising
- Radio advertising
- Information in community newsletters and in community Facebook groups
- Digital advertising, including videos and online advertisements
- Articles in newspapers and on websites
While we appreciate that not all of these methods will reach everyone, we’ve tried to reach as many people as we could in the most efficient way we could.